Nuhu S. Mkumbukwa
- Position: Partner/Advocate
- Experience: 13+ years
- Location: 4th Floor PPF Tower, Ohio Street/Garden Avenue
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +255 754 288 744
review Nuhu S. Mkumbukwa
Personal Experience & Biography
Mr. Mkumbukwa has 13 years of experience in handling contentious and non-contentious legal matters. His arrears of interest and practice include dispute resolution, natural resources, construction, labour, real estate and general commerce. Mr Mkumbukwa is an ADR enthusiast, who has participated in various arbitrations in the capacity of an arbitrator and or party representative.
- Master of Laws (LL.M) – Dispute Resolution, International Trade and Investment Law, University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) (Hons), University of Dar es Salaam.
- Admission to the Bar – 13th June, 2007.
Other Trainings Attended
- Advocacy Skills for Lawyers Course: 2005, the course was organized by British Council in conjunction with the UDSM Faculty of Law and the UK Department of Justice and Constitutional affairs.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution, Arbitration and Advocacy Skills: organized by International Lawyers Project and Global Challenge in co-operation with Tanganyika Law Society, Clifford Chance LLP, Clyde & CO LLP, Herbert Smith LLP and Rio Tinto Zinc.
- Training of Trainers in Mediation, Arbitration and other ADR modes: 2010 organized by the Court of Appeal of Tanzania in conjunction with Global Justice Initiative and the Open University of Tanzania.
- Trainings on Advocacy, Negotiation and Arbitration organized by the British Council, Tanzania Institute of Arbitrators, and other stakeholders.
- A course on conduct and practice of Arbitration organized by the national Construction Council and Tanzania Institute of Arbitrators
- A Course on International Oil and Gas Development organized by Georgetown University in collaboration with the International Law Institute (ILI) in Georgetown, Washington, DC
- A Course on the World Legal Systems in International Petroleum Transactions organized by CWC School of Energy based in London.
- A course of Fidic Contracts organized by the EALS Institute.
- Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania, a Commissioner for Oaths and Notary Public.
- Member of the Tanganyika Law Society (TLS).
- Vice President of the Tanzania Institute of Arbitrators (TIArb)
- Member of the East Africa Law Society (EALS).
- Member of the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN).
- Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb).
- An Alumni of the International Law Institute (ILI), Washington DC, USA, and CWC School for Energy (Oil & Gas 2012 Classes).
- Listed in the Panel of arbitrators attached to the National Construction Council of Tanzania (NCC), the Tanzania Institute of Arbitrators (TIArb) and Architects and Quantity Surveyors Registration Board (AQRB).